- About Aurora
- How to
- Buy a Franchise
- Comply with Employer Responsibilities
- Get a Loan
- Market Your Business
- Negotiate That Lease
- Sell to the Government
- Start a New Retail Business
- Start a Restaurant
- Start a Mobile Food Business
- Start an Assisted Living Business
- Start a New Place of Worship
- Start Your Business!
- Understand Hub Zones
- Use Hashtags
- Use SEO Tools
- Write Your Business Plan
- Add Favorites to IE
- Create Great Website Text
- Quick Links
- Tools for Business
- Aurora Chamber
- Aurora City Planning
- Aurora EDC
- Colorado Proud Business Development Tools
- Colorado Resource Gateway
- Connect For Health
- Intellectual Property Assessment Tool
- Mi Casa Resource Center
- On Havana Street
- SBA Sizeup Tool
- SBDC Advanced
- Southlands Business Team
- Business Advisory Board
Ready to start a business? Take a start-up seminar; then, the one-on-one counseling will take you to the next level.
Want to grow or sustain your business? We offer an extensive variety of resources to assist you!
For each stage of a business’s life, there may be a need for outside funding. Let us assist you!
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE
• Proven longevity as an Aurora business.
• Significant business growth in the past year.
• Introduction of a unique product or service within their industry.
• Exceptional customer service.
• Proven contributions to the enhancement of the community and/or locally operating charities.
• Proven tax generator.
If you’re a business owner, toot your own
horn and submit your own company for an award!
City of Aurora 11th Annual Business Recognition Award recipients will be celebrated at a gathering in December hosted by Aurora City Council and the Business
For more information, call 303.326.8690 or send email to email@example.com.
Aurora LEADING EDGETM Strategic Planning Series for Creatives:
A 12-week intensive and hands-on course designed to help entrepreneurs in the Creatives Industry complete a fully-realized business plan.
Participants learn how to analyze economic opportunities and risk for their business and create an actionable strategic business plan based on proven market research and management techniques. LEADING EDGE™ courses are highly interactive, which ensures the flow of information not just from the instructor, but between participants as well.
Learn more! Outcomes of the program:
- Develop a clear vision for your business;
- Network with and learn from other creative entrepreneurs;
- Discover tools and resources to help you complete a fully-realized business plan
- Receive one-on-one consulting support;
- Meet potential lenders who will discuss funding options;
- Test your business model with business professionals: the ‘Trout Tank’.
- Compete in a business plan competition with prizes.
Aurora LEADING EDGETM Strategic Planning Series for Creatives
Course Dates: Wednesday evenings, September 16-December 9, 2015
Course Time: 5:30-8:30 PM
Course Fee: $375 per person
$350 early-bird rate until September 9, 2015
($175 for each additional business member or repeat participants)
Potential scholarship available: www.coloradosbdc.org/training/leading-edge/scholarships
Click here for a list of eligible creative occupations (or call 303-326-8686 to inquire further).
Course Location: Aurora Municipal Center
15151 E. Alameda Pkwy., Aurora, CO 80012
See syllabus on page two of this flyer (download as a PDF)…
Free informational session: Wed., August 26th, 5:30 – 7:00 PM
AMC, 1st floor Aurora conference room
CDOT Vendor Open House
Meet with CDOT procurement and department staff at the first ever “Day at CDOT”
Wed., July 29th
9:00-11:00 AM or 1:00-3:00 PM
CDOT HQ: 4201 E. Arkansas, 2nd Floor, Denver, CO 80222
(Bring an ID to enter)
CDOT is opening the doors at Headquarters in Denver and inviting contractors, suppliers, and professional service providers to meet with key purchasing decision makers. Come find out how various departments operate and how CDOT buys the type of products and services you provide.
You can sign up for a morning or afternoon session and spend some time visiting with CDOT staff at their informational booths. You will also be able to participate in a training session on how to register and use the CDOT Vendor Portal to bid on open solicitations.
If you have an innovative product and are interested in contracting with CDOT, this is an event you don’t want to miss! For more information, please call (303) 757-9236.